Friday, September 14, 2012

diy: desk organizers

I spend an excessive amount of my day at my desk in my room. I do all my homework there, I use my laptop there, and sometimes I even use it when I eat. Over the summer I tried to think of all the things that I wish I had gotten for my dorm room, and then I made them! One item that I needed was a way of organizing all my papers, notebooks, and folders.

I found these magazine files at Ikea when I went to get my wardrobe for my dorm! The price was fantastic and I knew I would have tons of fun decorating them.

My plan of action was to cut out pieces of scrapbook paper that was different but matched, and then I modpodged it onto all 4 sides. For a couple of them I put an accent of ribbon around the bottom! They are all unique, but I think that together they look cute!


Now these all sit on the shelf above my desk where I store folders, books, paper, and magazines. I love how everything stays standing up and I don't have to worry about my books tumbling over. The fun colors add a nice little pop to the room!

How do you organize your desk?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment