Thursday, September 6, 2012

diy: monogram tshirt pockets

I love The College Prepster's Blog! I have been reading it for over a year now and still love it. So, when she posted a new diy I had to check it out, and of course it was amazing. Monogrammed tshirt pockets. All my favrotie things! A big comfy tshirt with Lilly prints and my monogram = perfection!

Right away I raced to the store to get what I needed and made a bunch with my friends! We read Carly's instructions, but we modfifed a little bit. One problem was that it was very hard to find tshirts with big enough pockets and finding them in our size was impossible too. To improvise we just bought plain tshirts (the sofest ones we could find of course), and then we made our own pockets. The second problem was drawing the monogram. It's not the easiest thing. Instead we went to Maybooks and put our initials in the ciricle monogram, printed it out, and then cut the letters out and used that as our stencil. This is what I used for my monogram:


And finally since we had to make our own pockets we made a pocket template. You can download the template and use it for your shirt if you can't find any with pockets. 


From there we just followered The College Prepsters instructions on cutting and ironing. I didn't end up sewing mine on, but if they do start to fall off I probably will. For right now they seem to stay really well!
These are a couple of the pockets I made:


These are them ironed onto the tees!



I can't wait to make them for my friends and sisters! They would also be super cute with sorority letterz. Hmmmm next project? I think yes!

Has anyone else made these adorable shirts yet?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment