Tuesday, September 11, 2012

diy: file cabinet

One of the best feelings is having everything in its place and organized. One thing that I didn't know how to organize was all my fabric. I had made piles of it all folded up but still it was messy and really bothering me. I found this simple idea online and decided to try it!

I revamped an old two drawer filing cabinet. My parents had this in the warehouse (lucky me), so they brought it home and I went to work. 

I simply sprayed it with 2-3 coats of ballet slipper pink spray paint. Then I cut up old pieces of scrapbook paper and mod podged it on the drawer to make a patchwork pattern. I did about 2-3 layers of modpodge just to be safe. 

Here is the before and after:


Once it was dry I took hanging file folders and wrapped my fabric around them and hung it up. The inside looks so organized, and I can see all my fabric. Now whenever I go to make a new project I can see exactly what I have!


Do you have any fun organizing tips?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment