Saturday, August 18, 2012

quarter-zip

I am OBSESSED with quarter-zips! I started packing for college last week, and I counted seven (!) quarter-zip sweatshirts just in the pile of clothes I am bringing to school. I wear them throughout the fall and winter, to class and to the library. They are perfect for a casual day in college. 


Row 1:

Tommy Bahama Aruba Zip Sweatshirt with Pockets | My mom has one of these sweaters, and it is made of the softest cotton. I like the style with pockets, but the original style (sans pockets) has tons of cute colors!

Vineyard Vines Shep Shirt | A classic quarter-zip, this is at the top of my Things I Need Right Now list. I especially love the pastel colors from the fall catalog.

Patagonia Re-Tool Snap-T Fleece Pullover | Fleece quarter-zips are essential for New England winters. I love Patagonia's version, but L. L. Bean has a similar style for half the price!
Note: L. L. Bean doesn't have a snap quarter-zip online yet, but I'm sure they will repromote the style this winter.

Row 2:

Tufts Jansport Quarter Zip Sweatshirt | I have two (eek!) quarter-zips from my college, and now I want this one! College apparel is pretty popular on my campus, and this is a cute and comfy way to show my school spirit. 

Lands' End Polartec Aircore 100 Half-zip Pullover | These fleece quarter-zips are super simple and a great price. They go on sale all the time; right now you can save $15 if you buy two. But be sure to try before you buy, Lands' End sizes tend to run big.

J.Crew MEN'S Merino Half-Zip Sweater | Yes this is a men's sweater. I bought a men's merino sweater on sale last Christmas, and 1) the merino wool is so soft, 2) it comes in great fall colors, and 3) it is perfectly oversized. I have a men's size XS, and it fits like a J.Crew women's small or medium. Check for these sweaters on sale at J.Crew because a lot of men's size XS ends up in the sale section.

Do you have a favorite sweatshirt? I'd love to add to my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment