Saturday, August 25, 2012

move in day 2012

Move in day is always stressful for me not matter what grade! Freshman year was of course the most difficult since it was my first time moving into a dorm. This year it was a little bit better, but of course there were some bumps along the way. My Mom, Dad, and I spent about 8 hours today at the school unpacking boxes, organizing, and hanging up clothes. The biggest problem today was not having the correct tools to build the wardrobe I got from Ikea; causing us to have to make a last minute target trip. It's also so difficult to fit all my stuff in such a tiny room compared to living in a house haha!

Here's the luggage that I packed just for the flight down:


This year, luckily, I have a single so I didn't have to worry about taking up another persons space or being in the way. I was so excited for this, and to make my room completely my own. I wanted to make it a place that I could retreat to when I needed time alone to study or just relax. So, this summer I set out to make many different decorations for my room, and I am so happy with how they came out. I painted and crafted different pieces and I love how they all look hanging on the walls. My room is definitely girly, with all its pink, green, and navy accessories, but I couldn't be happier. I definitely feel at home, which is so important especially being hours from home.

I can't wait to start the school year on Monday! Only one more day of relaxation/trying to make the dorm room perfect. I'm sure this year will be great, even though I am a little nervous about taking organic chemistry this year! Wish me luck!

How do you make your dorm your own?

p.s. I will post pictures of my dorm when it is more organized and put together.





No comments:

Post a Comment