Wednesday, August 22, 2012

packing

Since I go to school in DC, and I cannot handle sitting in the car for 10 hours nor do I think I could actually fit all my stuff into one car...I fly. Personally this is much easier for me, but I know many people who come from farther away and drive. Impressive! With this comes with one major problem. How do I get all my clothes, blankets, furniture, toiletries, etc down there??? There is not a chance in France that it would all fit in a suitcase either. Solution: College boxes. AKA my life safer over the past year at school.


This company literally made moving 10 hours away such a breeze. Last summer I packed everything except for absolute essentials that I would need for a few weeks into boxes. Then they came picked them up, and when I got to school on my first day they were in my dorm waiting for me :) Then came the decision of what was I going to do over the summer with everything? In came collegeboxes again! They picked up everything that I didn't need to bring home and stored it for me. Then I shipped a few boxes home and packed 3 suitcases and I was off.

These were my boxes this year:


I can't believe it's almost time to go back!

So,  this coming year I did the same thing. They came a couple weeks ago took my boxes and now I am scrambling to fill the 3 suitcases I have and hopefully not be overweight for my flight on Friday. The hardest part about packing is deciding what you actually need to pack. Since I am used to freezing NH weather I needed to change my thinking because the winters are not as bad in DC. Depending on where you go to school, you need to decide- is this something I will need now or can someone ship it to me later when the weather changes? Last year when the cooler weather came my mom shipped all my winter coats, hats,  gloves, and mittens. In return I sent her my flip flops, shorts, and other things that I knew I would not be wearing.

This of course depends all on where you go to school. If you go somewhere were it is hot all the time then winter jackets might not even be needed as much. My hardest part was deciding that I couldn't bring absolutely everything. I left books in my bookshelf and stuff in my desk that I didn't need. I also left some clothes like pajamas that I have plenty of and can use when I come home to visit instead of packing them again.

Good luck packing for school or wherever you are going! Do you have any special packing tips?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment