Thursday, August 30, 2012

emi-jays

If you haven't heard about emi-jays yet then you have been missing out! And if you have then you probably are obsessed like Michela and I are. We both have super thick hair and most of the time by then end of the day our hair is on top of our heads in a bun. You wants to keep their hair down all day while studying, taking tests, eating, crafting, and doing all the other things we do on a daily basis?! So emi-jays to the rescue.

These snag free, super soft hair elastics have been a life safer during the summer with the super hot weather! I first heard about them from a friend who goes to school in South Carolina and they were huge down there! When she visited and showed me them I had to go out and find them! You can buy them at Anthropologie for $12 for 5 of them. To me this seemed a little pricey for hair elastics...so I (of course) found a way to make them for way less.

I found a website that sold the elastic for .40 cents a yard! With this amazing price you can make 80 hair elastics for $12!!!! There were so many different colors and sizes. This way you can buy which ever colors you want instead of buying packages with the colors already chosen for you.


Once you have the elastic all you do it measure the size of your wrist, add a little bit of extra elastic for some wiggle room. Tie a knot by wrapping it around on finger, and you have your own emi-jays! I also thought that they would make nice gifts, so just cut a piece of cardstock or cardboard and wrap them around it and insta present.

These are mine:


Etsy also has a ton of emi-jays and decorated elastic. I especially like this elastic! The nautical theme is one of my favorites; it's just too cute!


Have you heard of emi-jays??

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment