Wednesday, August 15, 2012

diy: picture clothesline

My youngest brother (I have 4) just had a baby about 3 weeks ago!!!! I have been busy making so many new things for my new baby niece! One of my favorite things to do is craft and crafting for a new baby is probably the best! I wanted a way to creatively display photos, but since babies change so quickly I wanted the parents to be able to switch the pictures out easily. I saw this idea everywhere, but I kinda just make my own directions to work with what I already had at my house.

These are the products that I used:


The command hooks are clear so that they wouldn't be too obvious.

I found the adorable pastel clips at Michaels. The colors are perfect for a new baby!

The Fire Line was what I used for string and the little crimp beads are what held the loop together so that the string could hang on the hooks. 

My first step was the put the two command hooks on the wall. I placed them about 5 feet part so that there was plenty of room for pictures. 

Then I measured the length of string but added a little extra so I could make looks for it to hang from. 
To make the loops I just folded the string over, added the crimp bead, and crimped it with a pair of needle nose pliers. This is what the loop should look like:


Then, after I made a loop on each side of the string, I hung it on the command hooks and began attaching pictures with the clothes pins. I didn't measures the distance between I just added them until the string was full of pictures. 

Here is what my finished project looked like!


These are some close ups so you can see the pins. 




If you have any questions, or if something doesn't make sense feel free to comment and I will try to explain it as best as I can :)

p.s. I did this while dog sitting for my brother; I hope they are surprised when they get home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment