Thursday, August 9, 2012

back to school supplies

I love school. As a college student, this idea isn't particularly rare; a lot of college students really like their majors, their professors, and their campuses. But even in elementary school, I enjoyed going back to school every fall. However, I must admit, I think that 99% of my back to school excitement was (and still is) fueled by shopping for new school supplies. In elementary school, this meant picking out glittery pencils, folders, and notebooks at Staples. After 14 years of back to school shopping, I like to think I've found my favorites and am planning on sticking to them. Unfortunately, my love for glitter is not exhibited by my school supplies anymore, but my top-notch organizational skills now extend beyond Lisa Frank folders to Apps and agendas. I'm going to call that an improvement :)


Kate's Paperie journals are perfect for assignments and lists.

Quo Vadis makes daily agendas. I like that you have a whole page to write appointments and to-do's!

Moleskine notebooks are expensive, so I don't recommend buying one for every class, but I feel so academic when I take notes in a leather-bound notebook!

Again, this Russel + Hazel pencil case is pricey, but I love the soft leather and the fun metallic color. I fill mine with pens, pencils, Paper Mate markers, and yellow Sharpie highlighters.

My favorite Apps for school are Evernote and SelfControl. Evernote syncs with my iPhone and iPad, so I can easily study my class notes without my laptop. SelfControl shuts down your internet for a certain period of time, so it's a life saver during finals!

I was always warned to back-up my computer onto an external hard drive, but I never did until the College Prepster recommended My Passport. Time Machine is so easy to use that I back-up my computer every week, just in case. I would cry if I lost all of the papers and study guides on my laptop!

Finally, all of my school supplies go in my navy L.L. Bean backpack. Great (preppy!) minds must think alike, because MaryKate and I have the same backpack! Check back soon for her favorite school supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment